There are galore of cosmetic products in the market each one claiming ultimate efficacy for every skin problems! But how many actually delivers value for money? You’ve always known natural products are much better than their chemical counterparts, so what’s keeping you from turning to herbal skin care? The time and convenience factors? Herbs become the best option when you know the right one your skin needs and the right way to apply it!
Here are top 6 herbs to give a “kick- start” to your natural skin care regime It’s a miracle flower. It helps to reduce those fine lines of aging. A cool cup of chamomile tea is great as a face wash.
The most popular amongst herbs. It is applied as gel before make up to moisturize the skin. It also comforts you from skin irritations and acnes. It is another anti- inflammatory, anti-bacterial herb that work wonders on wounds and burns. Lavender helps to soothe your skin. It has a compound called linalool that helps to keep skin firm and fights wrinkles. It even encourages the growth of new skin cells. It has a rejuvenating ability to soothe and moisturize your skin. Sensitive skin becomes more resilient to dryness and cracking once you apply it on your skin. This can be used as toner due to its astringent effect on the skin. To initiate, here we have some recipes for you that completes your cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine… Let’s begin with Chamomile Cleansing Milk
- Place a bowl of milk over a saucepan of hot water. Let it warm.
- Add 3 tablespoons of chamomile flowers. stir well without breaking the flowers
- Mix till the milk smells strongly of chamomile.
- Strain the mixture into glass jar, and use it while cleaning your skin.
- You can easily refrigerate it easily and use for 3-4 days.
Next, we have Herbal Toner
- Take 1 teaspoon of dried or 2 tablespoon of fresh herb of your choice and pour it into 1/3 cup of boiling water.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of witch hazel and a pinch of boric acid.
- Now, infuse the witch hazel with the herbal mixture.
- Your very own herbal toner is ready to apply, but before use shake well.
- You can even refrigerate it and use it for a month.
All of these ingredients are great for making an organic lip balm too! Make sure to follow along my blog and find out I make home make lip balms 🙂
Finally, Soothing Rosemary Lotion
- In a pan simmer rosemary leaves and rain water on medium heat.
- Remove the mixture from heat and add vinegar.
- Strain the mixture and let it cool, you can easily store the solution for later use.
- Apply it on your face as a lotion or rub it on sore areas with a cotton ball.
Give your skin a healthy break from chemical products with herbal care!!